We'd probably call ourselves regular Auction Hunters now. We buy crap (no, seriously! It's crap!) and sell it for hundreds! It's crazy what people will pay for something! That, or I'm just super uber cheap!
Here's how a regular week goes:
I feed the baby and put her back to bed. I head up to the auction that is about a mile from our house. You really aren't suppose to bring kids, probably for safety reasons... so, I don't. While Dave is getting ready to head out the door, I'm sifting my way through garbage! Let me help you picture it people... It's an enormous warehouse with about 5 LARGE aisles of seriously what looks like a garbage dump laid out on pallets. OK, I might be exaggerating a bit. BUT, I'm your semi normal suburban girl whose Mom thought it was an offense to go to a Garage Sale! Now, look at me! I take serious pride in being able to find a good deal:) OK, back to the hunting. Now keep in mind this is a silent auction which means you write down the items number with a bid. So I basically go though (mostly) everything and then come home with my bidders sheet. I love on my kids that I miss like crazy even when I leave for an hour;) Then I hand off the sheet to Dave so he can go up and double check to see what I missed. I actually miss A LOT! Most of the time I just don't want to open up and look at whatever junk might be in it. Although this is where the WORST part comes in! Dave will usually go as a break from working on the house so at the end of the day he'll come home and it's usually my busy part of the day where I'm trying to nurse and get Samuel up from his nap (in a good mood) and make dinner all at the same time... which 99% of the time I also have to use the bathroom SOOOO bad which kinda makes everything worse!
OK, now for the worst part. It's usually a whirlwind in this house until 9 which is when the winning bids come online. More times then not, I'm looking at all the stuff he has added and I'm freaking out on him! 6 dollars for nasty mattress' or 7 dollars for THE most UGLY kitchen chairs one could EVER imagine! OR tubs... SO many dang bathtubs! Thankfully, there has always been a happy ending on most of these scenarios! Now, of course we have a couple things in our garage that we can't seem to get rid of... NASTY dang chairs! BUT, eh... We are still WAY ahead:)
Here was one of last weeks examples. It got added and I freaked out;) Not only did I NOT want to touch it, but he made me help him move it.... TWICE! aaaak!
That same week he also told me to make a bid on this TV stand that was in a box unassembled. I think he said bid around $20. I took one look at it and bid $6...LOL! Literally looked like junk and I figured if someone else wanted it... they could have it! Well, we ended up winning that too. Put it together, listed it and sold it for $200! Haleshastaluja:)
We don't really keep anything that we get. Most of it is sold. We do have one bed frame in our guest room... don't worry if you come, it's not too nasty;) Which btw... COME!!! BUT, we did get something last week to keep!!! More on that in the next post;)
5 comments:
hehe, I remember going there with you guys. My thoughts exactly, "what a bunch of junk, lets go to Target." :) lol You guys are funny!
Ha! sold those chairs today and still managed to eek out a hefty $5 profit...
lol...I'm just going to NOT show JP this post. :)
p.s. i am very sorry i don't know anything about grammar. maybe one day during nap time;)
I wish I could do something like that. I think that is a great way to make money especially for a sahm. And I love hearing about those stories esp those books you found and sold them at halfprice bookstore. :)
Post a Comment