I was reading again tonight about how it's not advised for a child under 2 to watch any form of TV. I guess it's the leading cause of obesity which makes sense but, also is a cause of ADHD. I'm not sure how I feel about the ADHD part but, the first two years of life seem like a pretty crucial time period for brain development... don't want to mess it up with some cartoons:) I do have to admit that it's nice for when the dishes need to be done or I need to get in the shower without a 1 year old following behind me... so, hair brush song you have been my lifesaver this week but we will keep you limited;)
Monday, August 30, 2010
I was reading again tonight about how it's not advised for a child under 2 to watch any form of TV. I guess it's the leading cause of obesity which makes sense but, also is a cause of ADHD. I'm not sure how I feel about the ADHD part but, the first two years of life seem like a pretty crucial time period for brain development... don't want to mess it up with some cartoons:) I do have to admit that it's nice for when the dishes need to be done or I need to get in the shower without a 1 year old following behind me... so, hair brush song you have been my lifesaver this week but we will keep you limited;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well his dad never watched TV until he was about 5 and that didn't stop ADHD.
Kathy
:) That's what he said too and he's the one more adamant about him not watching anything. Dave didn't have the H did he though? I thought he had ADD.
I believe that is right. And it is a tough call. Perhaps there is a compromise!
Kathy
He looks like such a big boy in that first picture!
Post a Comment