Here's my deal/story of the week!
We've been going to this silent auction nearly every week now. Usually we are able to win stuff and then turn around and put it on Craigslist and turn a profit... Hey, it's paying the outrageous AC bill!:)
For a year now I've been adamantly trying to look for a cheap and not over used Spirit Filled Life Bible. They are out of print now so they are hard to come by for a reasonable price. There are a couple of new ones on eBay but, ridiculously over priced! Mine was stolen in '08 and it was were all my notes with dates were so it was extremely sentimental. I was pretty bitter about the whole deal. I ended up getting another cheap Bible but, it just wasn't the same.
Every time I would step into a Thrift store, Half Priced Books, Garage sale, Craigslist, or eBay I would always look for the Bible. Never finding one except one time one eBay, but it was in really rough shape!
Well, I go into the auction last week and as I was walking down the stairs I looked at a box of JUNK I mean personal goods and really felt like there was going to be the Bible that I had been looking for in it. I went over and looked... nothing. Bummed I just started looking around. But, right behind on the next pallet was a HUGE box of books. I hate looking in these boxes, usually it's a waste of my time ... I mean what the heck am I gonna do with a load of books?! So I just go over and take a look for kicks:) Right smack on the top, wouldn't you believe it... a Brand new probably never even opened NKJ Spirit Filled Life Bible! I was shocked! I think Dave was even shocked. So of course I bury it as deep as I could reach and write down the pallet number and start praying for a price to bid. Immediately I thought of Matthew 6:33 Seek ye the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these (previously listed) things will be added unto you. So I bid 33 dollars and was up all night worried that I didn't bid enough...lol. Finally at around 11 that night I just told myself that if I had to do it all over again I couldn't in good conscience but a different number down when I felt like that was the number the Lord gave me. I finally had peace and fell asleep.
The winning bids are up at 7 am the next day. Of course I was up right away and checked it out!:) I won! Thank You Jesus! Here's the funny part.... What the heck do you do with about 300 + books that you have no interest in? Box up half of them and throw the other half (that were demonic) away:) Drive to Half Priced Books and sell them! We ended up selling ALL those books for 55 bucks...lol. I didn't care! I had a basically free bible with a 22 dollar bonus!
He cares about the little things:)
4 comments:
I love this story because it proves once again how much He loves you! Kathy
That's great!
Awesome! And I love that Bible, too. Mine is crumbling!
Thats awesome!!! Praise the Lord He is so good to us :)
Post a Comment