Thursday, August 19, 2010

More than just a name...

I've been thinking about this baby girls name a lot lately. When people ask what her name is we usually get the "oh ok" look. Not all the time, but definitely the majority. I'm trying to get more confident about not caring about what other people think:)

With Samuel, I really wanted some hip sweet boys name... I had plenty picked out. But I've come to realize there's way more in a name then just letters that sound cool together.

On the surface, I'm SOO excited about having a girl. Let's just say picking things out for a girl is way more fun then for a boy. With Samuel you can only get some many T-shirts and shorts before they all just start looking alike. As if it matters anyways, it all gets dirty in about 3.5 seconds. With girls there are headbands, barrettes, leggings, tights, skirts, skorts, dresses, flowers and all sorts of fun things. And all in an assortment of fun colors:) However, deep down I'm terrified of having a girl. Mother/Daughter relationships don't run so well in my line. I'm mean she's already kicking the crap out of me;)

Elora means God gives the crown of victory and I know that even though I can't see every thing right now, I know all things are possible with and through Him. I know that it's possible to have victory with this generation. AND, I know that no matter how many times I mess up, ultimately her great inheritance is Jesus (Levi).

So, hopefully only another 8 weeks till I meet this sweet girl! I'm not sure if I could handle going 2 weeks over again with #2. Crossing my fingers for a 10-10-10 baby... lol... obsession with numbers;) Our anniversary is 5-3-08 5+3=8. I even found something for Samuels birthday 3-24-09 3+2+4=9...lol. Our birthday's are boring but whatever:) For real people my mind is crazy!

p.s. I love the name Elora:) No idea what I would change it to;) AND I love the name Samuel... Can't imagine calling him anything else;)

p.s.s..lol. I can't believe I have two kids! I still think of myself as 17 years old!

4 comments:

The Charlebois said...

I love the name, too, and the meaning. If I had a dollar for every blank stare I got when we were naming our daughter "Israel," I'd be a millionaire! But you kind of just have to go with what God is speaking about that specific child and situation.

Sarah D said...

Amen Audra! I agree. Plus I think Elora sounds like a princess name, she is going to be a beautiful little princess girl! :)

kari said...

You're hilarious! And I'm so proud of you!

Auntie Deb said...

I LOVE this post! It gave me chills, and the numbers thing made me laugh! That's so you. I love you, Molly! And I can't wait to meet my sweet, beautiful niece!