
This was our 27 week sonogram picture of our little boy:) Since finding out the gender, our bond has definitely increased 100 times! We're both hooked and can hardly wait! He's very responsive to our voices in the morning, wiggling around. Actually, whenever we start talking to him he starts bouncing off every part of my belly. It's pretty neat!
Since knowing that it was a HE, we've been throwing around a couple of names. We had a girl name, but nothing really for a boy. We both thought it would be really cool if we named him Ezra since he is due on March 12, only because the second temple was completed on March 12th at the end of the book of Ezra. I know... it might be a lame reason, but I thought it was cool:) I like the name Jude, but for no particular reason... Dave threw out Joseph Barnebas, I stuck my nose up at that... lol, bad wife! BUT, right after we walked out of our sonogram Dave says Samuel John... I about fell over! ONLY because he NEVER wanted to talk about names with me. I never wanted to settle on one, I just wanted to play the name game.
Well, I was still kinda pushin for Ezra John... We definitely had the John part down which was a start. John is very near and dear to my heart. First, because it was my Dad's name and I want to honor him and I think He would have liked it. Second, I've really been into the Gospel of John. I love the way He depicts Jesus as God. Third, Revelation... what more can I say, I'm pretty into it. And fourth, because it means God is gracious... God has been more than kind to me when I know I don't deserve it!
Samuel...
There was this mean girl that I grew up with and her name was Sammy and whenever I hear that name it makes me cringe... Now don't get me wrong, if you like that name or your kids name is Sammy, you're still cool in my eyes:) I just don't think I could handle it in my own house. AND, I grew up hearing "what in the sam hill" A LOT! Sam Helm/Sam Hill.... it just sounds too much alike. BUT, all that aside as we were driving back home from Minnesota; I felt like no, this really is a Samuel. Our prayer for this baby is that He would grow in the Lord, setting himself apart from the world, yet being one who serves because God is gracious.
SO, we look forward to seeing Samuel John Helm!
No comments:
Post a Comment