i musta been a good girl or something! we were mightily blessed this week with LOTS of venison! dave's small group leader from when he was in intro gave us three BIG bags of yumminess! first of all i would just like to say that i'm not really a meat person, but dave has been forcing it down my thoat this entire pregnancy. i will eat chicken, but usually not more than once a week. i don't know how to explain it, i'm just not big into it. and i will definitely not eat red meat. that is more of a taste thing. it practically tastes like blood to me. anyways, i've always loved venison. so when we got it i was way excited! and now i've had it almost every meal. i think dave feels relieved of his job now.
i had another baby doctors appointment today. in and out, but it did take her a few minutes to figure out how our mover and shaker was positioned. these people keep trying to tell me that the head is down. i'm always like "are you sure"...lol. because i feel a huge hard round lump right under my ribs and it is the most uncomfortable thing in the world. the midwife assures me that it's his butt. i always laugh because we know THAT'S not from dave's side of the family! so, i got a big butt up in my ribs:) errrr.
i've also been advised to take a birthing class. a word of advise that needs to be given next time we do this for the first time: sign up early! to my understanding there is only one way to get a baby out, so i'm not to worried about it. although, i don't need to be a smart alec about it. i am trying to sign up, but there is only one possibility unless i want to take the class on march 21.... which hey, i could probably take that class..... but, samuel will already be with us:)
4 comments:
My Samuel's butt was in my ribs, it always made that area go numb. But his butt was small and pointy, not big and round. If she's finding the heartbeat lower in the uterus, that's a good indication that he's head down.
LOL on the big butt!!!Maybe he's got some African blood in him, who knows..
I thought the same thing you did about the placement of the baby!! I could have sworn the baby's head was up in my ribs, but once the kid started kicking my lungs, I changed my tune :)
As for the birthing class, I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but I was surprised by how much I learned. I was able to use everything I learned and had to take very few meds because of it. Plus Jon learned a TON about how to help me. If you can find a class I'd recommend it!!
I second Brenda Gill's comment on the birthing class. Great to go through.
Post a Comment