Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yup, there was a baby in there all right...

The baby/mama appointment went well today. We went straight in for our sonogram, then met with the midwife, followed by some blood work. I told the nurse that the last time I got poked with a needle I was 10 and it took the entire doctors office to hold me down. She raised her eye brows, but I told her that I would try really hard with her.

The sonogram was amazing, it was surreal looking at the screen with a baby on it and at the top was Helm. He or she was squirming around SO much it was hard to catch anything, but every time I saw that little leg kick I felt something. What to expect while you are expecting said that some women can start feeling things as early as 17 weeks, I just kind of figured I wouldn't. But wouldn't you know, right at 17 weeks I started feeling something down there. I just figured it was gas or something. So it was very cool to finally know for sure what it really was.

The meeting with the midwife went AMAZING. Usually I'm pretty put off by women at first, but right away I knew she was the one. Which in it self is pretty funny, because we actually picked the hospital we wanted to deliver in first then from that picked a clinic. Well ironically we go in today and she's like we only do emergency c-sections there. I did not care, I'd go where ever she delivered at!

On our paper work we were suppose to fill out our occupation, so we put missionary's. She wanted to know more about that, so we got into a conversation about it and she told us that she was also a Christian. I knew God led us to her. She kept asking us if we had anymore questions and then Dave let her have it. He asked it she would ever encourage us to have an abortion for any reason... and if ever in the situation he would want to know that she would be fighting for life.. this life! She said she should not even be sharing this with us but that when she interviews she asks if they do abortions and if they do she won't take the job. I was impressed, it's pretty hard to find that in this day and age! She said that life was a gift from God and that everything happens for a reason... heck yea!

Anyways, she's a keeper:)

Here are some pics from the day:
butt, legs, and some cute little crossed feet:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Molly thats your baby and he/she is perfect and so cute. God is so good! And what a blessing with the provision of your midwife, praise God. :)

The Petersons said...

Oh my goodness! Look at the cute Baby Helm!!! Wow! Precious! Awesome testimony about your midwife too! Praise Jesus! =)

reallyniceday said...

Cute little bebe in there! And pretty soon we'll be meeting little Helmi! Wow, it seems to be going pretty quickly.

The Charlebois said...

So cool! What a beautiful baby! :)

NowIsTheDay said...

My little niece or nephew! I love you already! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Molly
I dreamt about you the day before we received your missionary support letter. I'll not tell you everything except that in the end, you were standing holding your beautiful child very very blissfully happy.
ps I think I know what you are having :)
Susan

Anonymous said...

My new grandbaby and he/she is beautiful. I'm excited to see all of you at Thanksgiving.

Brenda said...

Sweet little baby!!! And what an awesome blessing about your midwife! Praise the Lord!