What an honor it was for me to go to Dave's Grandma's funeral! She was a treasure that I wish I could have known better! The love that was around her was over whelming and the stories and pictures were priceless. She will be greatly missed, but we are happy for her that she's gone home:)
Finally scheduled an appointment today for the little chicklet to get checked out. I'm not entirely sure what more they could possibly tell me... I'm starting to believe I really am pregnant, but if she tells me again maybe I'll believe it 100%. First pictures are on their way:) Dave and I (mostly Dave) have decided to be surprised on if it's a boy or a girl. Honestly, I could go either way so it's probably good that Dave is a firm one way or the other. I can't think of anything I would do much differently. Not gonna buy a hot pink car seat or anything crazy like that....
I've decided that I'm giving up on this baking thing! Well it's actually only cookies that are evil for some
reason. Everything else is fine. Dave and I had to bring something to his small group tonight and the only thing I had ingredients for were chocolate chip cookies or butterscotch oatmeal cookies. I figured people get chocolate chip cookies all the time, so I wanted to be a little more outside the box. Plus they are just dang good! Well the dough was anyways! This is what happens when I attempt baking these little buggers! EVERY TIME... because for some reason I forget what happens and try try again.. I mean come on... Ingredients are exact, the rack is low, and the temp is not too hot. Still the same every time.Well Dave comes in, the fixer....
Starts making the chocolate chip cookies. argh, I feel like an idiot... I can't even make cookies! A 5 year old can make cookies for goodness!
We go to his small group, which is just a comic in it self! Since the Intro program is so big, they break people into groups of 10 to meet once a week for dinner and teaching on video. It helps to get to know people better in a more intimate setting. The groups are picked at random and somehow he ended up with a married lady, six - 18 year old girls, a grandma, and a 19 year old guy. Funny! It was a fun time though and the group leader and her husband are incredibly sweet. God always has some kinda plan up His sleeve:) All of that was followed by Allen Hood teaching on video staring ME! LOL.. In my session they taped his teaching(with shots of the audience which I was in, I'm not really staring in it:)) and now instead of having the actual class they watch the video after dinner every week. Good times!
ANYWAYS!!! People start commenting on the cookies. This loud voiced person says I made them... I said I did not and that Dave had actually made them. Then he says I made them, I took them in and out of the oven. LOL. yea, ok......
2 comments:
Thanks for changing who can post. can't remember what i was going to comment on. oh - i think it was re: the shack. i'll have to re-read what you wrote! ;-) just an fyi - mike and i talk regularly about trying to find a weekend to visit you guys. maybe in november? i suppose you're returning home for thanksgiving ?
jes we are returning for thanksgiving.. Dave only has that thursday and friday off though so it will be a shorter trip:) feel free to come whenever you want:)
Post a Comment