
We've come along way this week!
We had originally planned on renting a 3 bedroom 1 bath house from a guy that was leaving Ihop to finish his doctorate in California. Well, through a string of events that ended up falling through. It didn't really bother us, other than the fact that we were to move in about 2 weeks and now we didn't have a place to move to. So we started looking on Craigslist, which only really amounted to a couple of leads. That's all that was needed though. Dave ended up having the best credit this home owner had ever seen, so we ended up with going with what Craigslisted as "The Butcher House". Kinda scary, but the pictures didn't look too bad.


We walked in the house and Dave of course was super excited, it had four walls.... I on the other hand took one sniff and looked at the cricket hopping across the floor and walked right back out the door. Well what was I gonna do!? I started carrying boxes inside and getting more and more mad with everyone of them. Then this memory came to mind when Dave and I first started dating, He asked me if I would live in a mud hut. Like an idiot I said yes. So, here I am. It's really not as bad as a mud hut. Now, we are unpacked with the windows airing out the house. It's not that bad. Actually it's a lot better than our apartment. Dave's positive attitude probably helped the most. It's funny, when I'm negative he's positive and vise vera. Good match!:)
2 comments:
I don't want to dominate your comments section, but I have to say that I love the mud hut story!
I have to agree; the mud hut story has me laughing out loud here!
Post a Comment