Monday, September 22, 2008

As many of you don't know, I have a boat. After my Dad died in 2000 I inherited this boat. Since He died in the middle of the winter, what is there to do with a boat in Minnesota but go and store it. So for the last 81/2 years my boat has been sitting on a farm right outside of Alexandria. Over the years I've had several offers by different and sometimes the same people to buy it, but it's been so dear to my heart that I haven't been able to let it go. Every single time I went to my Dad's house (I was an every other weekend kid) we either went in that boat or went and sat in a hut in the middle of a frozen lake. I can't say that I loved fishing, but I know I can't say that I hated it. It was how we bonded. We rarely talked, we just had fun together!

Well, before Dave and I moved to Kansas City we made a trip to go pick up that boat. After being stored for so long, it was in pretty rough shape! So after a couple of longs days of Dave taking the power washer to it, it was really starting to look a lot better! The next step was to turn it on and sell it. It would not turn on. We had a couple of people come look at it, but half of this boat is the motor! Actually the motor is probably worth more than the boat and trailer. And everyone that come and looked at it made sure we knew that. Well things were starting to look down, I was loosing hope that it was going to start. I figured we would have to take it to a shop and put some serious money into it.

Well our friend's uncle came and looked at it and said all we had to do was pour some c-foam in the motor or something like that... I don't know, I'm a girl. So we did it, we invested 8 dollars and poured it in and left it sit over night. The next day we prayed, hooked up the hose, and pushed the button. It started! It was amazing.

So praise the Lord! I'm finally ready to let it go and just keep my memories:) I think it would be really cool if a Dad and his daughter came and bought it.


2 comments:

ParnellMahoney said...

The outdoors man in me says "awe come on now... you gotta go fishin' and boatin' at least once or twice before you sell it"! But then the missionary in me says, "That's probably not practical at this stage!" and so it's on the block for sale!

Anonymous said...

dang that thing shines compared to what we saw when you guys were moving!! great to hear all the testimonies... later!Ore