My life is a peach right now :/
So, a normal 20 min doctors appointment turned into a two hour appointment. Along with that 2 hour appointment, what should have been a 15 min commute there turned into a 40 min one. ahhhh! Yes, I should have read the signs and followed the detoured route through the construction that seems to be mainly at my hospital/clinic exit. Errr.
Poor little buddy doesn't have enough amniotic fluid. It went down 3 whatever units they measure in. We talked about being induced that day (Wednesday) ummmm, probably not going to work. Mainly with my husband! We agreed I would come back on Friday to have it checked again and if it hadn't gone up, I would be induced. I figured a Friday would be better then a Wednesday;) ah, modern medicine :/
I got "checked". I was at a two and had been having intense contractions the night before. We talk about being "stripped"... ugh, I'm thinking in my head "just once I'd like to not be induced" so maybe I should do it... keep in mind I did it with both S & E and it didn't work. She asked me again and "Yes" just came out of my mouth. Well, bb boy didn't like that too much. I started to immediately have REALLY intense contractions. They put me on the fetal monitor to monitor him for a while. I don't know what the problem was... something about his heart rate dropping twice after two contractions is what made me have to sit there for about another half an hour. Finally, they said everything looked fine and my midwife said I would probably have a baby before the end of the day with these kind of contractions.
hmm mmm! THEY STOPPED! Of course they started again right as I was heading to bed and kept me up most of the night. They stopped again this morning.
So, I decided to take the kids for an outing today. Probably the last outing for a while... although, I get stir crazy so we'll see how that works out. On my way home I'm following this mail truck, one block short of our neighborhood at the very moment I turn to give the kids some crackers ... he decides to stop. Ugh! I ended up hitting him. Seriously! Thankfully, no one was hurt and SUPER thankfully no one was coming the other way in the other lane, because I ended up swerving to attempt missing it. I didn't. I told you it was a real peach:) Now the van looks REALLY cool, as if it couldn't get any cooler;) I'm also super thankful Dave isn't like a "certain someone" and was very calm and almost didn't even seem to care... I'm over here freaking out and he's over there throwing the kids in the air. lol. I expected some sort of reprimand especially since I criticize his driving all the time!
Oh and my email on my phone doesn't work... I know, the least of my problems. I can't get the cute pictures off my phone that I took of the kids this morning at the farm to put in this post. Fb or text only:(
So, that's the update. Usually my life isn't THIS exciting! And tomorrow, I'll probably have a sweet boy in my arms, which will make everything better! :)
1 comment:
Oh my! SO much for multitasking, huh?
Post a Comment