I guess my baby is almost 7 weeks too! She's huge, but still not keeping up on the milk supply! While most mom's are trying to figure out how to up their milk, I'm here googling how to get LESS milk! My freezer is brimming full and I literally throw a load of it down the drain everyday! She won't even take a bottle anymore.... As of Monday she was 10 pounds 2 ounces. I took her into the doctor because she was still sick! I guess it's pretty normal since flu season is starting up. She actually seems to finally be getting better. Still a bit stuffed up though:(
Samuel seems HUGE whenever I look at him! The kid cracks me up! The faces he makes are priceless especially with his big blue eyes and his eye lashes that are seriously a mile long! He got those from Daddy, along with his ginormous hands! It's funny whenever someone notices his hands... they always get comments;)
Dining room... I'm putting a big mirror where that picture is:)
Dining room... I'm putting a big mirror where that picture is:)
7 comments:
If you want your milk supply to go down, *stop*pumping*! Your body thinks she's drinking that extra milk, so it's making enough to feed her and continue to make that extra.
If that doesn't get your supply evened out, feed her from only one side each feeding.
I've dealt with oversupply with both of my kids, so I know how obnoxious it can be.
Ooh, la la I love the dining room. And the pictures of my grandbabies - yay soon I will see them. G'ma
brenda - it hurts so bad it i dont take a little out though! i dont pump them empty... just relief. i hate pain:( plus i'v had problems with mastitis so i'm scared not to pump... you think i should still stop?
don't stop, love! you could donate some:)
lol.. i actually looked into that. there are a lot of people that will send you their milk if you just pay for shipping. anyways, my final thought was how does anyone know my diet and if i'm not putting wierd things in my body that will go in my milk.
When I've had pain if I don't pump, I would often do hand compressions to just get enough out for relief. I find that it gets less milk out than pumping. An ice compress can also help.
What you could try is to feed her and then pump to empty the rest. At her next feeding, do just one side. Hold off on any pumping as long as you can. The next feeding, feeding with just the other side. If you can manage that for a few days, then you may get the supply down a bit.
All this is if you decide to not donate.
you can sell the milk too $$$
Post a Comment