Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010

The roller coaster has been going a bit fast lately! It feels like Samuel has had a big boy spurt the last couple of weeks. He's definitely not a babe anymore. He's understanding more and more what I'm saying to him, which helps A LOT! He's in love with the neighbors cats, which I'm not sure they like his jerky movements so much. He's starting to throw bigger fits, so the struggle lately is not giving in to him. I like to think that I'm pretty consistent, but the Daddy is a big softy...

We got to go to Auntie Deborah's graduation from Law school two weekends ago. Samuel did great with his apple in hand and a couple of walks to loosen the legs. For some reason I haven't been to good with the camera and getting it out of my bag to snap a few shots so I got nuthin!

Samuel was pretty sick most of the time running a high fever. Poor baby:( He just was not really himself for most of the trip. We finally took him to the ER after he wasn't able to hold down the fever reducer anymore and had him checked out. He was running a 104 temp! I almost passed out when I heard that! The only chair I could find to sit down had blood all over it! Things were really dizzy when a nurse finally came and led me to a chair. We left a few hours later with rectal Tylenol bringing his temp down and nothing wrong with him... OK???! He was still a little hot but on the mend and feeling better.His friend Samuel came over and played after we got back... he LOVES playing with him! It's pretty much the only time that he's actually interested in his toys... argh. Otherwise all he's interested in is loosing my phone and throwing things in the garbage. He enjoyed the party in the bathtub!:)

Not too much is happening with the house... The garden has been taking priority this week with getting something for the peas to climb on and getting tomato cages and of course the endless weeding. I was able to plant some flowers this week, but super discouraged when half of them look pretty muchly dead now... that's why I don't plant things!

The back splash was done while we were in Minnesota. It looks super great! The kitchen is just about done. Just need some finishing touches on the cabinets and some hardware exchanging:)

I'll have to get my camera out and get back to ya;)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Haven't checked out your blog in awhile - lots to see! I LOVE Samuel in his plaid shirt. Little sweetheart!