February 25, 2010
Well it's almost been a month since I've had soda and seriously there must have been some kind of miracle that happened because I honestly haven't missed it! I think it was more of a habit more than anything to just go get a pop and drink it. I have been drinking a lot more Iced Tea lately though, but I feel a lot better about drinking that than I do pop.
It all happened when my buddy Sarah came to visit me. She's been on a health kick lately and kicked me in the butt literally! I had just bought a 2 liter of Orange pop (my favorite) and when I started to pour some she's like "Are you going to drink all that?" Of course my nosey husband...lol... pipes in and says that the 2 liter will probably be gone before then end of the day... ERRRR! Sarah immediately started yelling at me telling me that I was probably going to drop dead if I did that. Dave tells her I do it quite often... ERRR She takes my new pop and shakes it right in front of me, opens it (it splatters everywhere), and pours it down the drain... AHHH! I was seriously raging on the inside! Well, I after dealing with myself and admitting that I really have a problem and committed to not drink pop again.
So somehow this story was suppose to lead to Kombucha... hmm. Oh, so part of why I like pop so much is because I LOVE fizz. Iced Tea has no fizz although it taste yummy there's no fizz. The great thing about Kombucha is that it is fizzy and tastes yummy (the yummy flavors of course) and it's SUPER DUPER good for you. Honestly I didn't like it at first, but I think it's had time to grow on me. The only problem is that it's 3 bucks for around 16 ounces of the stuff. Well, my research project for this week has been to learn how to make it at home... and wouldn't you know it only costs about 3.50 to make it homemade at home. YAY! It's probably cheaper than soda! So I have all of my supplies and I'm ready to go grow my SCOBY and make Kombucha:)
3 comments:
She better stay the heck away from me!
Baby Helm will also thank you for being more healthy in your choices. The nurse - G'ma
Leave it to Sarah...
Post a Comment