Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010

Life is getting busy!

Mr. Samuel is 11 months tomorrow and is pretty much walking everywhere! It's such a joy to watch him develop before our eyes. He loves jumping on the furniture, reading, unloading the dryer, throwing the utensils in the dishwasher on the floor, and "playing" in his bed. Oh the simple things in life:) He's also is REALLY excited about being a big brother..we can tell;)

Samuel has been filling up our week with lots of activities lately. From play groups to kids prayer meetings, story times, and play dates... it's too much fun! The day goes a lot better when there is something fun to pass the time with.

We also just found out today that we got a house!!! We've been looking for what seems like forevvver... but I know a certain someone that has really been waiting forevvvver, so my forever is really only 8 months:) I do have to say that I'm glad non of the other houses that we made offers on accepted because I totally love this house. It's a mansion compared to our current living situation and a steal! It was a foreclosed house, so it was an extremely good deal. Foreclosures go super fast around here so we looked and made an offer instantly. I prayed a lot! Which I didn't ever do except once and it was because I just wanted to move. With this house though I really prayed because I just really loved it. Well our realtor who is not even saved said God must have really wanted us to have this house because there were other offers for the same amount and "they just chose to accept ours"... Heck YEA! Normally I guess what would have happened is that they would have asked everyone to make their best offer and from there they would have chosen the highest. So like the hubby constantly reminds me of... we put not our trust in Man, but in God! Thank You Jesus!

3 comments:

Stuart B said...

Was that a God joke I caught in there? lol

Anonymous said...

And from the one who has been waiting for longer than 8 months - I am very very happy for you and the rest of the Helm family in KC. We look forward to seeing it when we come to visit you in Marc.
G'ma

The Charlebois said...

Congratulations! That's great news!