Tuesday, February 26, 2013

white, white, and more white!

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooow.


More snow.

Fact... Missouri winters are the best.  Moderately warm, one or two dumps of snow a year that melts 2-3 days after it hits the ground, and rarely below freezing.  People look at me like I'm from Mars if I go without a coat when it's 40 around here.... It's almost like these people think they are Texan!  Well I may live in Missouri, but I still have Minnesotan blood running through my huge veins:)  Although, that blood is starting to get weak!  I thought my face was going to freeze off when I was out for a walk at Christmas time in MN!

We are in the midst of DUMP number two.  The first "dump"... a "mere" 12ish inches crippled the city for a day or two.  This dump is suppose to be around 15ish inches.  People are going nutty!  Walmart shelves are literally empty!  I saw it with my own eyes and thought that maybe their shipment didn't come in!  I went to browse with a friend at Sams yesterday and the lines were halfway back the store...

Here's part of the problem... They have NOOOO system for snow removal.  Therefore, people are forced to be trapped in their homes.

Now, if your name is Molly... being trapped in your home can actually be quite useful!  I'm actually getting a lot done!  Mainly, potty training my wild child who has been more then ready for a while!  The boys vs. girls potty mania holds true in this house... MUCH easier to train this chica!  Key word people... GUM!  She is OBSESSED with gum!  Lets me honest... she's basically a mini me.  She could care less about putting stickers on a chart or getting chocolate or suckers or anything else... she wants her gum and she'll even use the big potty for it! 

So, after cancelling a trip to MN last weekend because of snow... hopefully, we won't have to cancel another one this weekend:(  It's only Tuesday...there. is. still. hope!

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

lets see a picture... of the snow, not the potty training.