Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Birthdays!!!

I have to have the best friends around!  Whatever the love language is for driving 8 hours to surprise me with a weekend full of fun ... That's my love language.  There was actual water coming out of my eyes! Rare. Thing. 

My day started by going to the gym.  Came home, showered, and fed the kids.  Then we went to Barnes and Noble to return a book that Lolo stole.  We ended up staying there a while... playing with trains and such.  Dave texted me and asked when I was going to be home.  I said no later then 3.  I was actually aiming for 2 which is nap time, but just in case I was late I said 3.  In case he needed me to be at the house to sell something... Lolo fell asleep on the way home, so I carried her in.  Samuel just ended up having quiet time on his bed.  Looked at facebook and was reminded that Samuel and Elora had wanted to play with their friend so I ended up texting my friend Jenny to see if they wanted to hang after naps.  She said she'd be over soon and that she would text before she left.

So, I started picking up.  Dave came home.  I had forgot to ask him what he needed me home for.  I asked him to fix a drawer that was off line in the kitchen and 2 seconds later Sarah called me.... She sounded rushed and frantic.  She said something to the effect of: "Watch this video that I just sent you.. I'm at work, so I can't talk now."  So I started watching the video on my phone... in the middle of picking up the house for my friend to come over and have a play date.  She calls back... "watch it on your computer" I ended up saying OK... I didn't though, because I needed to keep cleaning and didn't seem to have time to explain that to her.

So, I started watching this video...

http://youtu.be/jRUeLF0gEG0

Walking around the house while watching it...

Jenny texted me saying she was on her way.

I almost stopped the video... planning to watch it later.... but then it got to the skit parts and it was making me laugh.  I kept it playing.  Dave was hoovering over my should more and more.  I was standing by the door, waiting for Jenny.  All of a sudden they were knocking in the video and then it just stopped.  I was trying to figure out if I had accidentally paused it when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see a bunch of faces in the window of my door!  I literally could NOT believe they were standing there.  Jenny actually showed up at the same time... not knowing but assuming what was going on.  It was a rush of being excited and Samuel was in his glory!

We had fun.  I felt much love.  We played games, ate pizza, and hung at the mall.  Dave took me on a ubber fancy date Saturday night.   Tons of laughing and happiness all around!


 at Whole Foods eating the BEST pizza around!
 We don't take good pictures, but you get the point:)  Crazy girl at the mall did my hair Shirley Temple style!
 Birthday donuts!
 Sarah with her wig and my favorite little bear:)


1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

Love the pictures but love those kids in person much more! So fun to have you all here. The video says it is unavailable for viewing. Too bad.