Sunday, January 1, 2012





January 1, 2012.... ooops!  Where, oh where does the time go!  


I managed to stay up last night.  I didn't think it would happen.  We went to our friends house down the street to eat and play Wipe Out and Who wants to be a millionaire on the Wii.  The kids played.  My eyes were starting to droop, I looked at the clock... 7:38!  ugh.  Well, we packed up.  Came home.  Put the kids to bed.  Ate chocolates and Cardamon cookies and watched Lou Engle speak.  It was a great day.  Dave passed out at 11:48, but I pressed on;)  Pounded the espresso as soon as I woke!  I also remembered why I don't like Chocolate.  I can only eat one or two... so dang rich!  But, I could easily eat a gallon of frozen yogurt in one sitting;)


Winter has been amazing here!  Today, it was 62!  I have a feeling with all the wind blowing, that it won't last for long.  Oh well, the kids are enjoying lots of park time and today we rode bikes around the house while the sister napped.  After much coaxing, we finally managed to get Samuel into the bike trailer and go for a ride!  Just like Daddy... doesn't like to try new things (from the lips of daddy)  


Today, I made rice pudding for the first time.  Boy, it was SO easy!   Boy, is it so GOOD!  Boy, is it SO fattening!  I think it was the most exciting, because I consistently have all the ingredients.... rice, milk, sugar, egg;)  I love it when I don't have to go to the store to make something!


2 comments:

Sarah D said...

Yay an update! Love your blog :) Those pictures are A-DOR-A-BLE! You should share your rice pudding recipe.

Kathy Helm said...

I love looking at these pictures frequently. Can't get enough of those cute grandchildren! Miss hearing Samuel say: "Yes."