Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What a month!

It's been 100 degree's or more for almost a month now. What is there to do in heat like that but hide inside?! We've been trying to hit the parks early in the morning, but literally by about 10am it's just as miserable as it is at 2pm. Akk! The only good thing about this heat is that my clothes dry in about 15 minutes out on the clothes line... not exaggerating!

Let's see... What's new?!

Samuel is such a big boy! He's obsessed with lawn mowers. He'll just watch either Dave or me the entire time we mow the lawn.... staring! I found him his own mower at a sale a couple of days ago and pretty much every waking moment consists of him with his "mo mo". I think the first night he even wanted to take it to bed with him! It was the best $1.50 I've EVER spent. The first day he had it he spent ALL day outside mowing. Just waking in circles mowing the grass! Even I was fascinated! AND, it was 100 degrees. I was trying to persuade him to mow the carpet, but he wasn't having it. So, I just forced water down him and let him mow:)

He's got a best buddette:) It's fun seeing him with friends, but Samuel definitely gets along with our friends daughter the best. Her name is Adley and he lovingly refers to her as "A A"... where A A? He even let her touch his mower for a split second;) which actually, is longer then he let the sister touch it!

Samuel is just getting more and more fun! He loves to dance and swim! He's sitting for entire books now and he's even repeating me for ABC's. His voice is too cute:)

The Sister is 9 months! I can and can't believe it. I just love this peanut soooo much! She has fully mastered sitting up by herself and she's SOOOO close to actually crawling. She'll do a leg and a half crawl to reach something, but she's not in full travel yet. She pulls up on anything and everything. I'll go put clothes out on the line and come back to find her up at the coffee table. I try telling her that if I'm not there I won't be able to catch her when she falls.... she's obviously not picking up on it yet. She's definitely a talker, which is pleasant... someone needs to! ;) AND she LOVES her big bro! She's always laughing at anything he does. She's also a BIG Daddy fan! BUT, alas I gotta say I get the biggest smiles... which warms my cold heart haha ;) No, really... she has me wrapped around her chubby finger! She's not too interested in food. I'm lucky if I can shove 5 spoonfuls of whatever in her mouth. Big Bummer! She loves her milk! Although, she will almost always take watermelon or a banana and gnaw on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Except for the 100 degree days I can hardly wait to get there and see all of you especially my babies!
Gamma