Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm literally on the brink of a break down!

I'm on day three of cleaning up Samuel's barf and diarrhea. Today was the final straw causing my break down with trying to make espresso in my Italian espresso maker and forgetting to add the water. It just filled the house with a burnt coffee smell and melted the handles off the maker... now I'm crying cause I don't have a regular coffee maker that works, the coffee press glass part got broken some how, and now the espresso maker doesn't have any handles... which it goes on the stove... so, I'm not sure how that will work either... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Coffee, Caffeine, something! Put the IV in my arm stat!

Yes, I'm weak!

Then every time Samuel has something to eat or drink he is immediately emitting it out one end or the other... I'm frightened to give him anything anymore! He really only wants milk in his bottle.... not anything else... I have to force medicine in him:( ah! Then the real kicker is every time he needs to throw up he brings his blankie to me wanting to sit on my lap! Even if he is with Daddy! He'll hop off his lap, comes over to ME. and blah! ERRR.

OK my venting is over now. I DO feel slightly better. Oh no... Here comes SAMUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh ...lol ;) JK (not really)

4 comments:

The Charlebois said...

As you already know, we're dealing with the same thing here. Ruby is just getting over it.
One thing our pharmacist recommended is to get some naturally flavored gingerale. Start by giving him 1 Tablespoon. If he keeps that down after 30 minutes, go to 2T. If that stays down, go to a small amount in a cup. You get the idea. Apparently ginger is really good for your digestive track & will calm it down. I've had other people suggest flat Coke (not diet).
I wouldn't try to feed him if he doesn't want to eat. Maybe just saltines to nibble on. And the milk is probably a bad idea. Dairy makes things way worse. Stick with water, pedialite or gatorade (to keep him hydrated).
I feel your pain (literally!). Hang tough!

sarah D said...

ah man that stinks! Poor Samuel and Molly. Hope he feels better soon, and hope you get coffee soon :)

Anonymous said...

G'ma is soon on her way!

The Petersons said...

Hey Molly, just something I have learned too...milk will often just cause more diarrhea (per our MD). My Ruthie LOVES her milk too...especially when she is sick, but it really is much better to just stick with water as milk can just make the diarrhea worse. Dairy can be very hard on the digestive tract. Also, as soon as he can hold down some fluids start him on the BRAT diet...bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. It is If he won't drink water then I suppose it is better to give him milk rather than nothing. ;) Plus, every kid is different. Praying he gets well soon. Having sick kids is SO hard! I have only had one time when all three of mine were puking at once and I pray every day never to have to re-live that day again! ;) So hard. Yuck! Praying!