i can't believe samuel is a month old already! we've both survived:) i have to admit that he's better at being a baby than i am at being a mom! i nurse in the car, i let him sleep on his tummy, and he slept with us for the first couple of weeks. terrible:) honestly though, feeding that boy takes forever so why not multitask! we also tried the whole sleeping on his back thing for about 3 weeks and he would just scream which is why he would always just sleep with us! and not the usual 15 - 20 minutes either! this boy would scream for over an hour. so i tried the tummy and he stared at his bassinet for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep. nice!
i've also failed at bringing him in for his one month check up. part of it though is that we've been disapointed with the clinic that we picked and also we've decided not to get samuel immunized. so i guess all we're missing out on is his weight and height. we'll get there:)
samuel is such a good baby. our first month together has been hard and fun! more than anything though i apprechiate all mothers a LOT more! this stuff is hard! no wonder it should be the highest paid job out there:)
7 comments:
Does he spit up a lot? My son did, and he would only sleep on his tummy. I read something that babies with reflux find it more comfortable to sleep on their tummies.
And you aren't a bad mom for sharing a bed with him. Those first few weeks, you do what you have to do.
:)
he does spit up, but he doesn't do it every feeding. maybe a couple of small spits a day and it seems to only happen when i let him feed a little longer.
oh oh! I co-sleep with Emma, I promised I would not do something like that before I had her but then she came and I barely slept everyday I was on auto-pilot mode... once we tried that she slept much more at night and starting eating on a schedule during the day. I was a happy, blessed mom!
BTW. did I mention I love the banner?... I LOVE THE BANNER!
He is such a cutie! Brenda has it right..."You do what you have to do." Motherhood suites you well Molly! Love reading your blog. Keep the pics of your little cutie coming! =)
Post a Comment