Monday, March 30, 2009

Our little olive shoot has FINALLY arrived:)

I went in last Monday (23rd) for my twice weekly routine visit for the usual sonogram/monitoring when Samuel decided not to make one move for the sono lady for a whole 30 minutes. errrr. Well that sent me directly over to the hospital for admission. Although I begged my midwife (actually I firmly and directly told her...lol) to let me go home for an hour or so to get my things and Dave and then come back. Well, an hour turned into about 3! I took my last bath, finished packing my things, and picked up Dave. All that was followed by the car over heating on the way. I just laughed, the day was just comical!

We ended up getting a ride, but of course we had to stop at QT (gas station) and get a drink first. Then I was ready to face my doom:) I got all checked in and hooked up to the monitors and the first thing my nurse says is "this baby is REALLY happy in there", I just rolled my eyes! His heart beat was going up and down the way it was suppose to and moving around and kicking like no tomorrow! I was started on some pre pitocin to soften me up so that the pitocin would work better. That needed to be in me for 12 hours. I felt fine, maybe a little crampy but not much. 5 am they started me on the pitocin and I still really wasn't feeling much. 9 am Dave thought he would go get some coffee quick to be set for the day. BUT, at 9:15 they decided to break my water. They basically just started doing it, talking as they did it. Oh brother! Within 10 seconds I went from nothing to EVERYTHING! I was on my death bed screaming (more like moaning...I'm an exaggerator) and gripping the bed in so much pain. My nurse asks "do you want the epidural now?" almost like... "and you thought you would do it without it...hahaha" I yelled YES! By 9:45 I had that thing pumping in a gift from heaven! I felt nothing! The nurse told me to take a nap and rest up... I started laughing. So I did! Took a nap for an hour and my midwife came in and checked to see what I was dialated to.. 10:45 I was at a 5, she said the average is about a centameter an hour and that I should be delivering at around 6pm. 11:45 rolls around and my nurse comes in to check me again and she's like "you're at a 10 and ready to push in about 15 minutes" huh? Did I just miss something. I was ready to sleep all afternoon! Well the midwife didn't get there for an hour so I was just hanging out and trying to figure out how the heck I was gonna push anything out when I didn't feel anything! But after 30 minutes of pushing there he was Mr. Samuel John...perfect. I couldn't believe he had hair was my first thought!

There is hope for more kids! And it is true what the bible says about forgetting everything. I didn't quite believe it before he came out! lol... he is definetily worth that pain that I had between the water breaking and the epidural!:)

So I got from this:


To this:)


YAY!:)

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

Great retelling of everything that happened! And love the pictures, especially the second one. You look like such a great mommy! :)

Brenda said...

Congrats Molly :) It just keeps getting better and better!

The Petersons said...

Praise God Molly! That is wonderful! You had a very blessed labor and delivery. God is faithful! Samuel is SO CUTE! Congrats again to both you and Dave!

sarah d said...

More pictures please :)